Are you (or someone you know) a victim of an abusive relationship?
Does your partner…
- Push, kick, slap, or hit you?
- Threaten you with weapons?
- Deny you access to bank accounts, credit cards, cars, etc?
- Control all the money?
- Keep you from family and friends?
- Prevent you from working?
- Threaten you with deportation?
- Insult and humiliate you?
- Force you to have sex or engage in sexual activity against your own will?
- Blame you for causing the violence and abusive behavior?
- Threaten to hurt or take away the children?
- Feel afraid of your partner?
- Feel unsafe around your partner?
- Feel that nobody will believe you?
- Doubt your judgement or think you are going crazy?
- Feel depressed, trapped, and powerless?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you should know that
- You are not alone; you do not have to suffer in silence
- You have the right to safety for you and your children
- Violence does not end without help; it only gets worse and more frequent
- Your children are being affected by the violence
- Your immigration status does not depend on staying with your spouse
If you or someone you know has an abusive partner we can help. Call us at 916-428-3271 and learn about the programs and services we offer.