Are you (or someone you know) a victim of an abusive relationship?
Does your partner…
- Push, kick, slap, or hit you?
- Threaten you with weapons?
- Deny you access to bank accounts,
- credit cards, cars, etc.
- Control all the money?
- Keep you from family and friends?
- Prevent you from working?
- Threaten you with deportation?
- Insult and humiliate you?
- Force you to have sex or engage in
- sexual activity against your own will?
- Blame you for causing the violence
- and abusive behavior?
- Threaten to hurt or take away the children?
- Feel afraid or your partner?
- Feel unsafe around your partner?
- Afraid that nobody will believe you?
- Doubt your judgement or think you are going crazy.
- Feel depressed, trapped, and powerless?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you should know that
- You are not alone; you do not have to
- suffer in silence
- You have the right to safety for you
- and your children
- Violence does not end without help; it
- only gets worse and more frequent
- Your children are being affected by the
- Your immigration status does not
- depend on staying with your spouse