What We've Accomplished
Our 6-bed Safe Haven shelter opened in 2003. In ten years, we have:
- Provided more than 18,250 bed nights of shelter to Asian & Pacific Islander women and children;
- Responded to over 6,164 calls to our 24-hour multilingual Help Line;
- Served more than 750 domestic violence survivors of all ethnicities in our award-winning Women to Work program; and
- Made more than 200 presentations on domestic violence and human trafficking to local school, businesses, organizations, and places of worship and participated in more than 150 community fairs, educating more than 20,000 people about domestic violence and human trafficking;
- Hosted nine annual conferences to train over 500 service providers from communities across the Central Valley on cultural competency and working with battered immigrant women; and
- Organized five conferences on human trafficking.