My Sister's House is the first and only non-profit organization to specifically identify
and address the unique needs of women and children impacted by domestic violence 
in the Central Valley's highly diverse Asian and Pacific Islander community.
Help Line:
(916) 428-3271
Make a Difference
My Sister's House is fortunate to receive strong support from the community. We rely on the generosity and support of the community to keep our doors open and available to survivors of domestic violence. There are many ways you can help My Sister's House to be a safe haven for Asian & Pacific Islander women and children impacted by domestic violence. We receive donations in a variety of forms, from monetary giving to volunteer time. My Sister's House is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and your donations and gifts are tax-deductible.

How to Make a Difference


We have a variety of volunteer opportunities available at My Sister's House. Volunteers can help with office work and special events or work directly with clients by serving as Shelter Advocates.

Download the
Volunteer Application, attend one of our monthly orientations, and
start making a difference today!

Next Volunteer Orientation Date:
Saturday, February 21st, 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.

If interested in attending the next volunteer orientation date, please RSVP now at
Shelter Advocate Training:
Spring 2015

Training runs from February 21, February 28, March 7, March 14, March 21)
(5 Saturdays, 8:30 a.m. -5:30 p.m.)
Registration fee: $25.00

This is My Sister's House 40 hour training for shelter advocates and crisis line volunteers that covers topics such as domestic violence and its history, Asian / Pacific Islander community and culture; and community resources for Asian / Pacific Islander domestic violence survivors in particular.

Volunteers desiring to serve on a crisis line or to assist clients directly, and professionals dealing with Asian/Pacific Islander domestic violence survivors in particular are encouraged to sign-up.

If you have any questions, please call into the office at 916-930-0626 or e-mail us at:

  Donate A CarDonate a Car

Support our Car Donation Program!

 Donate Money

Your monetary donation will help My Sister's House to provide culturally-competent services to women and children impacted by domestic violence.

Make a secure online donation with your credit card:

Online donation system by ClickandPledge


Send a check to:

My Sister's House
3053 Freeport Blvd., No. 120
Sacramento, CA 95818


Donations in Honor of or in Memory of:

Celebrate a significant occasion – a birthday, wedding, graduation, mother's day or any holiday by making a donation to the My Sister's House. A personalized acknowledgment card will then be sent to them. You can also honor the life of a special friend or loved one with a gift.

Visionary Gifts:

Please consider a charitable bequest to My Sister's House. Charitable bequests provide much needed funds to operate the Safe Haven Shelter and Women to Work Program.

You will not need to rewrite your will or living trust if you decide to make a charitable bequest to My Sister's House. You could simply add an amendment, called a codicil, to your will or living trust. Here is some language you can have your attorney review:

“I give and bequeath My Sister's House, tax identification number 68-0464114, located in Sacramento, CA, $  (desired gift amount)  ” (or state a percentage of your estate, or describe real or personal property, including exact location.)

Your bequest is entirely under your control during life and becomes irrevocable only at death. Please consider making an everlasting commitment to domestic violence survivors in our community and include My Sister's House in your will or living trust today.


 United Way Donations

My Sister's House is currently not a United Way-designated agency - however, you can still direct your United Way donations to My Sister's House by:
  1. Listing My Sister's House in the top box (where it says "Use only for California Exempt Organization NOT IN BROCHURE) of the United Way form; and
  2. providing the following information:

Agency:   My Sister's House
Address:  3053 Freeport Blvd., No. 120 Sacramento, CA 95818
Tax ID:    68-0464114

 CSECC Donations

Dear Friends of My Sister's House,

Please consider making a "Write-In" contribution to My Sister's House (MSH) through the California State Employee Charitable Campaign (CSECC).  Through CSECC, you can donate to any 501c3 nonprofit organization, like MSH, even though it is not listed in the Donor Resource Guide.  In our case, you may utilize the "Write In Organization" section of the CSECC pledge form.  Required information must include the nonprofit's name, address and tax identification number, and the information for My Sister's House has been provided below:
Name:        My Sister's House
Address:    3053 Freeport Blvd., No. 120
               Sacramento, CA 95818
Office:        (916) 868-7820
Tax Identification Number:  68-0464114

Please keep this information until you receive your CSECC pledge form and seriously consider using it to "Write In" a contribution to help support My Sister's House in a new and easy way.  If you have any questions, contact MSH directly at the number listed above.  

Thanks, in advance, for your continued support of My Sister's House.

PS:  If you are not a state employee, please consider forwarding this appeal through email listservs/organizations in which you are a member, who may be involved in other charitable donation campaigns concurrently underway, and/or consider making a one-time or continuing donation to MSH by credit card.

Thanks, again.

Web Hosting Companies